Visual Field Tests A. George – Age Related Macular Degeneration
Compilations of Visual Field Test results of patient with wet form of Age – Related Macular Degeneration (AMD or ARMD) of his left eye, before and after our Acupuncture sessions. The overall improvement in the patient’s Visual Field is proof of our effective treatment.
- Color display of a Visual Field Map of a male patient with Age Related Macular Degeneration. His Visual Field Tests were taken using the Medmont automated perimeter (MAP) both before and after the implementation of a Personalized Acupuncture Protocol of our Institute, specialized in vision improvement. The protocol for central visual field assessment (22A Test).
- Pictures at the top are the results of the Visual Field Test before Acupuncture treatment.
- Pictures at the bottom are the results of the Visual Field Test after Acupuncture treatment.
- Areas of Defect of Visual Field are represented in colors:
- RED = NO VISION
- YELLOW = POOR VISION
- GREEN – BLUE = GOOD VISION
- In Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) the central 10 degrees of the visual field are affected and in late stages Central Scotomas develop.
- After only 8 Acupuncture sessions there is clear reduction and shrinking of the yellow area centrally in both eyes. Central Vision of the patient was significantly improved.
- Field Overall Defect: Marked improvement is captured in more detail in the perimeter’s global analysis located to the bottom right of the pages, next to the blue arrow <=
In details: On 4th April 2022, when the Acupuncture sessions started, the right eye had an indication of –2.56 and the left eye –0.93. On 8th April 2022, after the completion of the Personalized Acupuncture Treatment cycle, the indications became -2.25 and -0.17 respectively.
The Overall Defect values after our Acupuncture treatment are numerically closer to 0.00 related to those before Acupuncture, indicating a healthier visual field.
- The healthier Visual Fields are proof of the evidence-based effectiveness of our Therapy Method.